About the PHMS PTSA
2019 - 2020 Officers:
|1st Vice President||Melissa Gage|
|2nd Vice President||Tammy Rudolph|
|Recording Secretary||Laurie Schattall|
|Corresponding Secretary||Marisa Ehrlich|
PURPOSES of the National Congress of Parents and Teachers
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
MISSION of the PTA/PTSA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Current PHMS PTSA Bylaws (approved March 2017)